Fermented Lamb Tallow Cream
By Poul Andrias Ziska from the 2 star michelinguide Restaurant KOKS
– 250g Sour Cream
– 250g Cream Cheese
– 250g Garnatálg (Fermented Lamb Tallow)
1. Melt the fermented lamb tallow in a pot, roasting it for about a minute.
2. Strain the tallow and set it aside, allowing it to cool down to room temperature.
3. Once cooled, combine the tallow with the cream cheese and sour cream. Whisk the mixture until it achieves a fluffy consistency.
4. Transfer the cream into a piping bag and store it in the refrigerator for future use.
– 100g Soft Butter
– 250g Cheese
– 250g Flour
– 4g Salt
– 60g Water
1. Combine the soft butter and cheese in a Thermomix, or similar blender, and blitz until thoroughly mixed.
2. Transfer the cheese and butter mixture to a mixer (like a KitchenAid) and add the flour, salt, and water. Mix until a dough forms.
3. Roll the dough out to a thickness of 2mm. Using a 33mm diameter cutting ring, punch out individual crackers from the dough.
4. Bake the crackers at 140°C (284°F) for 20 minutes.
5. Allow the crackers to cool before storing them in an airtight container for future use.
Fermented Cod Fish
– Cod Fish
1. Clean the fish, then vacuum pack it. Cook the packed fish at 50°C (122°F) for 20 minutes.
2. Freeze the cooked fish. Once fully frozen, grate it and return it to the freezer for storage.
1. Pipe the fermented tallow cream onto a cheese cracker.
2. Top the cream with some of the grated, fermented cod fish.
3. Let the assembled cracker sit for a minute, allowing the frozen fish to defrost slightly before serving.
Restaurant : Restaurant KOKS
Headschef: Poul Andrias Ziska